Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Friday, July 30, 2010

School part 2

So as of today we are getting down to the wire on starting school and I'm getting really really nervous. It's been five years since I've been in school and my nerves are probably getting the best of me, I wasn't even this nervous when I got married!

The other day I got my book list and wanted to cry. Almost $600.00 for six college books and those were used! My good friend who is practically a professional student has been helping me a long the way and she sent me an email that made my day. She had looked up my college books on Amazon.com and for a little over $300.00 I can get 5 of the 6 books brand new! My algebra book I have to buy from the school but its only around $80. Well I just can't drop all this money at once on my books so today I ordered half of them from Amazon.com. I got my two English books and my political science book for $180.00 shipping and handling included! I was so excited and so in the next week or two I will be able to buy the rest at these prices. Talk about a relief. I am having to use financial aid but since it is my first semester I won't get my money until 30 days after I start school. So our budget is going to be a little tight but I will be worth it, I do feel a college education is a need. If not that a trade. Thats all I have so far today, I just got really excited because I saved so much money and got new books. I'm worried if I get used the notes the previous owners wrote in them will confuse me, so I'm super excited but still a little nervous :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend, we are having a game night tonight (see my page on cheap entertainment) and then the girls are going to their grandparents tomorrow and me and the hubby are having a girls night and guys night!

1 comment:

  1. Krystle....That's awesome! I'm so happy to hear you are pursuing this! I was going to ask if financial aid covered your books? It should. But yes they can be so expensive. I liked to keep mine and didn't resell cause it's great for reference even after the class is over. Good luck with everything. You'll do great! Have a wonderful weekend!!!
    Blessings, Jill
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I leave comments there for you just want to check and make sure you're getting them??

    ReplyDelete