Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Potty training

Last night was the first night that Punkin got to sleep in her big girl panties. We have been putting this part off for a while and last night we decided to just go for it.

We started introducing her to the potty at 18 months old because she kept following me into the bathroom and wanting to potty like mommy. That Christmas her aunt YeaYea got her a princess potty and we let her use it as a chair to get used to it and a couple of months later we started potty training. I Google a lot and so I goggled potty training and found an amazing site that really works and here is the the gist of how to potty train your child in three days! Or you can go to the site http://www.babycenter.com/0_potty-training-in-three-days-or-less_10310078.bc?page=2.

  • You start off by explaining or kind of like pep talking to your kid about getting ready to wear big girl/boy underwear for about a week before you start.
  • The first two day you don't need to go anywhere.
  • Once the time comes (they recommend doing it on a long weekend) you get your child up as soon as they wake up for the day and let them sit on the potty.
  • You need to have a couple of potties around the house or stay in one area of the house, I blocked us off in the playroom because you let your child go bottomless or completely naked. I put Punkin in play dresses because she was still completely covered up.
  • Then you just let them run around and play as normal but when they start to have an accident you whisk them to the potty and if they get one hit (a single drop counts as a hit) you praise them, but you have them help you clean up the accident.
  • It says that about the 12th hit (I think) they usually get it and should start going to sit on the potty by themselves. Punkin did she was going to the potty by herself after that.
  • The second day you practice leaving home only you go into your back yard.
  • Have the child potty first and go outside for one hour and then come back in and go straight to the potty again while continuing to keep tabs on the child while doing this because accidents will still happen.
  • The third day you do the same only you actually run an errand that will take you about an hour. I put the potty chair in the back of my truck and if need be I could pull over.
  • Then you are not suppose to put panties or pull ups on them for three to six months because pull ups will remind them of diapers and they will know that it will absorb so they could back track. I did put panties on Punkin if we went anywhere but around the house she stayed in play dresses.
That is pretty much the gist click on the link above for the full story. She has been potty trained for a while now (before her second birthday) but has to have juice when she goes to bed (I really give her flavored water). I will not take that from her because I have to have some water when I got to bed and so does her daddy. When she doesn't get "juice" right when she goes down for bed she wakes up in the middle of the night upset because she needs "juice". Little does she know its really water ;) So we have been putting off getting naps and bedtimes fully potty trained because we were so worried about her going to bed without water. So we put into affect our potty training method of if she's sleeping in a dora (her easy up/ pull up) she knows it will absorb her tete. So last night we laid down a mattress pad protector for a bassinet and put her potty on it and let her sleep in her big girl panties.

Before I went to bed I checked on the girls like I do every night before bed and Punkin was still dry and he had gotten up to potty because she had gone potty in the potty! But then around 7am this morning she woke up crying because she had an accident, but she went to bed an hour early because she didn't take a nap (thats our rule, no nap equals early bed time) so from 7pm until 6:59am she was dry and for the first night I think that is awesome! I knew going into this I would have to wash sheets quite a few times so I was prepared but I was prepared for her to do this in the middle of the night not when I would be getting up so I think she did great!


No comments:

Post a Comment