Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer time Fun!

We love summer because we get to swim, go to the lake, and ride 4-wheelers! We are also able to have more play dates. My girls love to swim and I think its because Punkin was born in June so we put her in the water at a couple months old and Doodle Bug was born in October and to deal with the crazy heat I lived in the pool. Every year I have bought a small blow up pool for the girls but this year I got a bigger one for $30.00 and its big enough for me and the hubby to sit in and Punkin to swim and Doodle Bug to have to have a floater. They love it! My in-laws have a nice underground pool too and my parents just bought a 15ft above ground pool so swimming is always available. I also start planning my Christmas shopping and all of our end of year activities; our anniversary, Doodle Bugs birthday, Hubby's birthday, vacation, and Thanksgiving.

My girls have been riding 4-wheelers, well Punkin, since she was one. She rides with her Daddy/me. We both grew up riding and we love it. If the 4-wheeler starts without her on it she gets so upset. She is also my little dare devil so she like to go fast and get dirty in the mud, which is funny because after she takes a bath she wants to play babies or dress up lol. Doodle Bug is not old enough to see if she likes it but almost. She will only be able to ride in our yard though for a while. My hubby rides around our neighborhood with Punkin and he goes out to the deer lease, he hasn't taken Doodle Bug yet, I'm not ready for that. We also take trips to ride go riding to at least once a year just me and him. We usually go with a lot of friends and have a blast for a weekend.

Our swimming fun is great for so many reasons because we get to cook out usually have a lot of family around and the girls get wiped out for naps/bedtime! Then they also sleep in usually because they sleep so good.


We also like to play outside a lot if we can't go swimming because it also wears the kids out and the dogs. Our front yard is off limits because we have so many maniacs speeding down our street. If I am cleaning/washing my truck I will back my truck up and block the drive way and let Punkin ride her bike under the carport while Doodle Bug plays in her porta crib but I usually try to do that at nap time...its easier.

The little boy is Poot, he is my best friends little boy and Punkins best friend. They are 4 months apart, and let me tell you it was pretty cool us being prego at the same time. NO it was not planned. My best friend is the one in the purple!

We also have mine and Punkins birthday in the summer! And birthdays are a big deal at our house because we are grateful to be here for another year! My birthday is always right before if not on mothers day so I usually do lunch/dinner for one and gift for the other. This year Punkins birthday was on a Friday so we took her to Chuckie E Cheese for her birthday dinner and let her open her gifts from us after and her party was at Jills Gymnastics on Saturday.

Her cake was made by a good friend of ours who owns Marble Slab ice cream, it was her gift from him. I start planning way ahead for everything, I started planning her 3rd birthday shortly after her second. I start saving and pricing places to see if we need to do it at a park for free (her 2nd birthday) or our home (1st birthday). I also watch while we go shopping for the toys she wants, she always wants to go to the toy section and make a note of some for Christmas and next birthday. I usually make a list and keep it with me, my wallet is a planner. A lot of times I get lucky and can catch them on clearance. Right now Punkin has a $30 Lego Ni hao kailan (nick jr) set that I got for $6 and put up for Christmas. I also have a game called giraffe a laugh limbo I found on clearance for $6.25 that I see now listed for $27.99 for Punkin's cousin Alex, I wish I would have gotten two because I can't make myself spend $30 now.

I do the same for Christmas, I count how many paychecks we get starting with the check right before Christmas and count back how many people we have to buy for and start buying that week. We set a price limit for everyone and usually get couple gifts for our parents and friends (close friends). After the friends have kids we let the kids exchange gifts with a $10 limit. We do not spend a lot. Usually when I can get them onsale or clearance we even come under the set limit we agreed on :) .

For my birthday, on aFriday, we went out to eat with friends and walked around the boardwalk. And then on Sunday for mothers day we had a cook out at my dads.

We went to dinner and then had game night! The boys were being WEIRD! They always act silly when we all get together but its non stop laughing!

For the Hubby's birthday we will be in SC visiting his sister and new niece due any day now and then at the end of that month we will have Doodle Bugs 1st Birthday! I can't believe she is almost one and that October is only 2.5 months away :( Time flies!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

~Krys~


1 comment:

  1. Great times! Looks like a lot of fun! Your girls are so adorable!!!! Hope you have a great weekend! Also just wondering how did you get the 3 posts lined up at the bottom saying You might also like? I haven't figured out how to that on my blog yet. LOL Thanks! Jill

    ReplyDelete