Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Mommy time/ Girls night!

This weekend was one of the best we have had in a while. Well okay maybe I have had in a while. My husband is swamped at work (he works in a body shop as a painter) and they have a ton of business. I'm grateful he has the work because most body shops from my understanding are not having this much business. An example he gets to work at 8am and gets off at 10:30-11:00pm. He works straight commission so depending on how much work he has makes his check so I try not to complain if he's late. I do feel bad for our girls though more Punkin because she is a daddy's girl and Doodle Bug is a little to young and she's a mama's girl. But its also physically and emotionally draining on him and it takes a toll on him so on the weekends he has been doing 4-wheeler rides with his friends at least once a weekend but that goes from about 4pm until 1am or 2am (they usually go to a deer camp far out). Because of all this you can imagine how stressed I get because my only break is on Wednesdays. BUT, Not this weekend!

Last Sunday night me and my best friend were talking and she was in need of a girls night also, her husband is a cop and works grave yard and she works during the day so they use their time together as family time. His days off are Mondays and Tuesdays so we really can't do anything when he's off so we came up with a plan. Monday morning after I got the girls situated and working on some separate play time I called my husband to make sure he didn't make any plans for the weekend because I was taking a much needed girls DAY! Yes I said it Day. Four months of craziness and I wanted a day to myself. The girls and I got up early Saturday morning for a birthday party and they had fun with the exception of the small melt down at the end because it was so close to nap time. After the party I took the girls home and went to get my hair done, this was also fun because my hairstylist has been doing my hair since I was in fourth or fifth grade and is a mere ten years older than me and is prego with her first baby. So needless to say I couldn't wait to see her and she is super cute being prego! After my hour and a half of getting my hair washed, scalp massage, cut, dried and straightened I felt a lot less stress. I didn't take Punkin this time because.... well... I wanted alone time.

After my hair appointment I went home ate a snack called up my best friend and went to pick her up. We then set off on our mission after taking her son, Punkin's best friend, to his Nanas'. We went to dinner at Applebees and got the two for $20 deal, an appetizer and two en-tree's of our choice. Nice dinner for $10.00 a piece we were excited. Deciding to go look at furniture, then finding out they were all closed we went clothes window shopping at all our favorite stores and we didn't buy anything we were so proud of ourselves, now yes we wanted to very badly but didn't. We did spend $5.00 a piece on Starbucks but we were tired we were not used to all the excitement lol. Then we picked up her son and went back to her house where he went to bed and we sat outside on her patio until 2am this morning just talking and joking and having a blast! I am extremely tired today, but we did make it to church and didn't fall asleep and my patience this morning has been more calm than it has been in a while. So I say it was all worth it.

My wonderful hubby spent the whole night with his girls and they played games and watched a kiddie movie and cleaned the house for me. He put them in bed, read them their stories and no he didn't follow their exact schedule but really who cares?!? The girls had a great time with their daddy and he loved spending the whole day with just them having a father's daughter day. It was so amazing and I'm so grateful for them and think that I need to get with the girls more often. After all he can handle it and proved it last night. We have always tried to have at least two date nights a months and we have our Wednesdays of alone time which is about three hours (I use mine to do all my errands childless it cuts my time down to less than half) and he usually goes 4-wheeler riding. But, I'm thinking at least every other month these long girls nights might just make a permanent spot on my calendar!

2 comments:

  1. That's wonderful you got a girl's day out! I think Mommy's need this sometimes and it's so important to refresh ourselves to stay on top of everything. I wish I had a chance for this more.
    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks so much! We had a blast and loved it who knew silly girl talk could do a wonder on stress relief?!

    ReplyDelete