Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Monday, July 19, 2010

School

Tonight I finally registered for my fall classes! I can't wait and I'm really nervous. I graduated high school going on six years ago. After I graduated from high school I took off a year of school to save. Well like they say if you don't go to college right after your graduate high school your probably won't go, guess what I didn't.

Now there are a few reasons why I needed to go back to school. One, I've always wanted to be a teacher and thats one of the last goals I have that I need to do for myself. Two, it will better our lives as a family and especially for my kids (goal being all three of us being at the same school). I also like the idea of being a teacher and a mom because we will be on the same schedule and out on the same holidays and breaks so I can still be very involved and making sure things run smoothly. Last but not least, this might be childish or immature or anything but this is what has driven me for years, proving certain people wrong! It was said that I would be pregnant before I graduated high school, have to get married, not graduate high school, and never go to college. I was being compared to a family member that did all of the above and it was always said I would be just like them so I made it my mission to prove them wrong. And as of tonight I did!

I graduated high school sent myself on a cruise and bought myself a mustang as a congrats gift. Then I met my hubby and after six months we were engaged and six months later we were married. Shortly after that we decided to add to our family, thankfully had no problem, and tonight after 5 years I finally got approved for financial aid, registered for my classes and I AM GOING TO COLLEGE! Now I know this is going to get tough especially since I haven't been in school for five years and I'm taking on 5 classes. Four are online and one is a night class on my free Wednesday nights so the routines will still stay the same. I am determined! I have to graduate before Doodle Bug starts school so I'm excited, I'm nervous, and I'm proud of myself. My dad told my hubby when he asked for my hand in marriage that he better make sure I went to school and he promised that I would and I finally am. It's been a long time coming!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! From what I know of you, Krystle, I can tell that you are a determined person! That will take you far in this life. Anyway, congrats and I'm excited for you! I too am a teacher and I LOVED my college education classes. I'll be praying for you and your goals! Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You will love the experience and I wish you all the very best! :-)

    ReplyDelete