Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Rainy Days

Not much going on at the Trudell house, we have a nasty day. It's cloudy, rainy, muggy, and the humidity is the worst here. But, Louisiana has the most UNPREDICTABLE weather. It snows about every four years but doesn't stick (with the exception of this past year). It's always hot! Even on Christmas day you can usually get away with wearing a sweater and thats about it. The weather man can predict bright sunny days for a week and you get storms for a week. Or it can be stormy for literally 5 minutes and then bright and sunny and hot for a couple of hours and it just keeps on flip flopping. Got to love LA weather!

Today I decided since it's nasty and it's Wednesday and at 5pm the girls are going to be going to my parents house for a couple hours cleaning can wait. We have been vegging all day playing board games and watching movies while enjoying juice and pop corn. We have even had a couple of tea parties and I am almost guaranteeing that I will regret letting Punkin use her tea party dishes for real food and juice. They are super cute and she got them for her birthday and when you pour the tea pot it plays a song. Cleaning them should be a lot of fun :/ but we had fun and enjoyed it. Days like this make me even more grateful that I am blessed to be able to stay at home with them! Yucky days like this are also really nice at nap time because it's dark outside so they usually take nice long naps and I can relax and sometimes take a nap too (which is so rare that I usually end up just laying on the couch in peace and quite and soaking it all in). It is hardly ever quite over here so when I get the quite I try to take full advantage. My girls are loving the the attention and no chores too. I will probably pay for this tomorrow trying to play catch up but today was worth every minute of it.

Some things I'm seeing that I'm not so sure I like is though is being able to see all this makes it so much more obvious that they are getting so big so fast. Doodle Bug will be 9 months old and I feel like it was yesterday me and my best friend were on the front porch timing my contractions while our husbands were getting Punkin ready for my parents to come get her and and trying to make sure they could find mine and my husbands hospital bags. She is saying Da-Da and finally starting to say Ma-Ma, crawling, sitting up by herself, pulling up, and just making me feel really old. Punkin is now in a full size bed, has not had any potty accidents in such a long time I can remember her last one, she is going to be taking a test soon to get into our accelerated pre-school program, doing very well in gymnastics, and she is only 3 years old. It makes me feel old and I know I saw this all the time but I really do think kids do make you feel old sometimes. So yes I know I'm only 23 years old but when they tell you that they grow up so fast they really do and everyday if a reminder of just how fast they do. So when we have a rainy day like this I try to soak it up and let it be just a free day and not so structured we all can enjoy it and need that every now and then.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I'm new to blogging too and just found your blog through Heather's blog (wanting what you have) Your kids are adorable! I have two girls also, 3 dogs and a cat....and fish LOL Just wanted to stop by and say hi! If you get a chance to stop by my blog leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by. Have a blessed evening!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete