Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Louisiana Weather!!!!


Louisiana weather is so weird! Today started off as usual but as the girls were eating their snack and I decided to start getting dinner thawed and all my ingredients set out I realized I was short a couple of items and I needed to go to the store. I also decided to just go ahead and get my grocery list taken care of so I could just relax on my free day tomorrow. I got the girls loaded up and it was bright and sunny and hot. Thank goodness I let the dogs stay inside so they wouldn't get to hot or so I thought; it was actually thank goodness I left them in or they would have been drenched and covered in mud. We are getting ready to leave Kroger and its all of a sudden its cloudy outside, no I don't watch the news it makes me depressed and then I usually have night mares and I didn't check my phone on the weather because it was sunny so I didn't think I needed to. Almost right as we were leaving the grocery store the bottom falls out and it starts storming. I mean raining cats and dogs the rain drops felt like needles hitting you. This is one of the many reasons why I love Kroger, the bag boys are a major help when you have kids, he pushed out my buggy full of groceries and I had a buggy with the girls. Doodle Bug up front and screaming because the rain is hurting and Punkin in the back throwing a fit because her leapster is getting soaked. I unlock my truck half way to it and the guy throws in my groceries as quick as he can while I'm loading up the girls in the truck this is also a security thing even when its not raining and I have so much stuff that I need two buggies because I don't have to wrestle with Punkin walking away from me in the parking lot or trying to run off. It just makes me feel safer especially today because we got drenched! My truck got drenched, the leapster, and my iphone. Thankfully I keep and emergency bag in my truck well, two one for me and the hubby and one for the girls. I keep an extra change of clothes, a water bottle for each of us, and a towel for each of us. So after we finally get loaded up and I call my hubby to first tell him our story and that I was on my way to give him his prescription he laughs and then goes instead you need to go home its about to storm! Soon after he says that it starts raining so hard that I can't see anything and I've got my phone and the leapster on the dash hoping that the defroster will dry them out (it did) and get stuck in traffic going 10 miles an hour because nobody can see anything.

You can't really see Doodle Bug but she's soaked too.

Punkin, her hair was was all done and super cute and her shorts were a light pink until she got soaked.

Yes I went to the store with no make-up. I used to wear it all the time and now not so much! Plus we left shortly after my work out.

By the time we get home Doodle Bug is passed out so I lay her in her crib and me and Punkin unload the groceries and I decide I'm not even going to attempt to try to go to gymnastics today so I called to schedule a make up session. I had already done my work out that I started this past weekend but I didn't know that I would get another one running from the store to my car and quickly lifting two kids of a total of almost 50lbs and then running around the car to get them both buckled in and then myself. I can honestly say though I was laughing the whole time. We need the rain and rainy days make for long naps and movie days for us but Doodle Bug didn't think it was funny and Punkin did once she realized her leapster was ok. Needless to say I do hope we don't have to do that again! Although now because of the weather our internet keeps cutting in and out so I hope this post right!

These are a few pics from our weekend because our internet was messing up yesterday too because of the rain.








Doodle Bugs 1st 4-wheeler ride! This is what santa brought Punkin last year!



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like quite an adventure, LOL I like keeping extra supplies in our cars too, you just never know when you may need it! Hope you have a nice RELAXING evening!
    Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete