Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sick little ones

Sick with fever and cranky. That describes my girls to a "T". Yesterday while Punkin was doing her gymnastics I noticed Doodle Bug was a little warm, I didn't think anything of it because she is teething and just got her 4th tooth. I apparently was wrong. We came home I gave her a bottle and some medicine and laid her down in her bed around 5:30 and she didn't wake back up. That's how I knew it wasn't just teething because if she doesn't feel good she sleeps and sleeps and sleeps. She sleeps so much she makes me nervous! Well Punkin woke up around 10:30 crying her little eyes out. When I went to pick her up to see what was wrong she was burning up. So we gave her some children's advil and medicine makes her loopy not sleepy. So since I was up still folding laundry I let her lay on the love seat and watch cartoons. Since she burning up I was worried about Doodle Bug and went to check on her and found her still burning up and drenched in sweat. So I woke her up to change her and gave her medicine and a bottle and she decided she wanted to play and not go back to sleep. So around 3:30am Punkin finally went to sleep and around 4am Doodle Bug went to sleep. I finally got to sleep around 5:30am because well I was so overwhelmed and upset. I am one who is cranky if I don't have at least six hours of sleep and I'm NOT a morning person. So last night was not my best night at all; I was cranky, the girls were cranky, my hubby was cranky and so nobody was having fun at all. The hubby tries to tell me well at least they will sleep in tomorrow and probably sleep all day...hahahaha....see my girls don't do that. It does not matter what time they go to bed they are up by 8am and they were today. So coffee will be my best friend today! They both still have fever this morning and neither are wanting to eat. So we are snuggled on the couch with an ice pack cartoons and waiting on the doctor to call me back. I'm really hoping this is just a 24/48 hour bug. We have a birthday party sat and Punkin is excited and I wold really hate for her to miss it.

On top of that my Hubbys last living grandparent his grandmother is not doing to well and she lives in Florida, we are in Louisiana. She is 92 years old and has been having strokes for the past two weeks. Last week she was doing better and then all of a sudden she's not anymore. So tomorrow morning I am taking my Hubby and his dad to the airport so they can go to Florida. They will be gone Thursday through Sunday. So please keep them in your prayers and our family.

Our pediatrician just called or his nurse and told me to keep giving them advil and if they still have fever in the morning to call and make an appointment. I really hope that it's just a little bug thats going to go away. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Hope they are feeling better soon! I will certainly keep your husband's grandmother in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete