Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Starting the weekend early

This weekend gets to sort of start today. My hubby is on his way to Florida with his dad. His grandmother is not doing to well at all. She is a sweet loving woman (age 92) and has not been doing to well. The past couple of weeks she has been having a lot of strokes and will get better and then her health goes back down. Grandma is my hubby's last living grandparent and so his trip is kind of a little hard on him. We have a lot of family down there (his parents are from FL) and my hubby hasn't gotten to spend a lot of time with them. He is glad he will get to catch up with other family members but its very bitter sweet because the doctors don't think Grandma has much longer so its also his chance to say goodbye. Please keep them in your prayers while they are on their trip and our family.

On a lighter note, he did give me permission to update our "master" bath by myself. Our "master" is a half bath. So I am excited! He paints cars for a living so when it comes to painting anything he doesn't like me to help. In his defense I'm not very good at it. Our bathroom is pretty big for a half bath but still the smallest room in the house so I think thats why he agreed. We love to update our home its one of those things we do together and it makes us love our home even more especially being able to do it ourselves. We just put on a coat of paint, update all the hardware and light fixtures and after we save update our floors. I will put up pics if I decide to take it on...I want to but I will be by myself with two little ones too.

We also have a birthday party to go to and we are planning on swimming this weekend and me and my best friend are taking our kids fishing at the bayou in her grandpa's back yard. Maybe even a trip to build-a-bear. Who knows we have 4 whole days do figure out fun filled activities! Any suggestions? So lets see how this weekend goes! I will admit it I'm a little nervous for my husband and keeping him in my prayers. But I'm trusting God to keep them safe and that everything goes smoothly and that he can have fun.

1 comment:

  1. I'm keeping your husband and family in my prayers. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, I appreciate it so much. You have me excited about the remodel and yes post pictures! My husband and I are living in our 7th house, but I still miss our first home we fixed up together. I feel it personalizes a home so much more. I'm sure you'll do a great job! ;-) Have a great time with the girls! The park, movies, crafts, etc. the possibilities are endless, just be sure to wear them out so they sleep well! LOL How about a nature hike, take along a bag (have them decorate it first) collect different items from the walk and make a big collage from it. Exercise and craft in one! ;-) Have a great time.
    Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete