Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Stay at Home Mom/Full time students family schedule!

Okay for those of you wondering how I am able to somewhat keep a clean house, kids safe and school done here is my schedule. This is also subject to change at any time! This is also a schedule that has been changed since I started school and it could possibly change. But so far its working for us and maybe it will work for you tweaked to fit your family's needs if need be.

5:30am- my hubby gets up to take a shower he takes a long one in the morning to wake up
6:00am- I get up and get coffee going so we can wake up and get dressed
6:30am- I get started on school and it usually gives me about two hours before the kids wake up
7:00am-my hubby leaves for work and Keep working on school
8:00am-Usually the girls start waking up and I prepare breakfast
(the past almost week the girls have been sleeping until about 10am)
8:30am-girls get dressed for the day (clothes depend on if we leave home play/nice)
9:30am-home schooling pre-school for the girls
(Punkin does pre-school work book pages and/preschool on comp and do flash cards with Doodle Bug of ABC's, 123's, and shapes)
10:00am-snack time and 30min tv time and I do some cleaning or picking up
10:30am- Bible story time for the girls
11:00am-Play time for the girls together while mommy does more picking up/cleaning
11:30am-Mom starts lunch
12:00pm-LUNCH TIME
12:30pm- Nap time for girls and mom works on school, bills, house paper work
3:00pm-Girls start waking up and gets a snack and 30 min of t.v. or movie time
3:30pm-Outside play time
5:30pm-Start dinner
6:15pm-Eat dinner
7:00pm-Doodle Bugs bath
7:15pm-Doodle Bugs bedtime routine (hair dried, teeth brushed, story, and lullaby)
7:15pm-Punkin's Bath
7:30pm-Punkins bed time routine (hair, teeth, story, prayers) Doodle Bugs bed time
8:00pm-Punkins bed time
8:15pm-MOMMY AND DADDY FREE TIME! (school work)
11:00pm- lights out!

Punkin Loves pre-school!

Please note that all of this is just a schedule we try to go by to make things easier to accomplish. We do not always stay on this schedule but we try to keep at least food and sleep at the same times, however Punkin is getting to where she doesn't take naps but will stay in her room for the alloted nap time. When she does not sleep bed time happens and hour early.

Here is how I am going to try to manage 5 classes 4 being internet and 1 being a night class and all of our family extra curricular activities.

  • Sunday- we reserve for relaxing, family time, a little cleaning but not much
  • Monday- I scrub bathrooms and for school I work on Economics class
  • Tuesday- I dust, vacuum, work on physical Geography, Punkin has gymnastics, and my free night because the girls go to my parents from 5:20 to 8
  • Wednesday- Sweep and scrub the floors, work on math 99, I have a night class from 6:30-9:30 pm for math
  • Thursday-Catch up on any cleaning I didn't get done, work on English work
  • Friday-Run all the errands left if I didn't do them Tuesday during my free time, Work on Political Science for school and usually have a game/movie night with friends (see my page on cheap entertainment)
  • Saturday-FREE DAY, it varies and depends on what we want to do as a family or alone time.

Here are pics from a game night.





I hope this will help you it has helped me a ton. Please do not stress if you do make a schedule and you can't stick with it our schedule has changed many times. All that matters is you figure out works best for your family. With small kids the key is to figure out what causes melt downs and try to stick to that part of the schedule. For example my kids have to have meal times and nap times so we try to at least stick with those times and keep them on schedule. Happy kids equals a less stress parent :)

Soon I will post how I keep up with my grocery list, how I keep a very small kitchen organized and how I keep our family activities organized. Everything from doctor appointments, friend activities, church activities, and even our dogs vet and meds appointments.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! I swear by schedules, they are a must as long as they allow room for flexibility you can't go wrong! Best Wishes. Thanks for the kind words on my blog. :-0
    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I'm following you back!

    I love your schedule, I've always been a pretty structured person and it just seems to help me and now Avery. I have a pretty good schedule down for her, she also needs her naps and meals at a certain time, but I haven't quite gotten down my own routines when she's napping. Some weeks I do better then others but I really want to set up a cleaning schedule like you have. Great blog and post!!

    ReplyDelete