Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Really small Kitchen equals creativity


Okay so I am finally getting around to my organizing posts. We have a decent size house of around 1200 sq ft. However, shortly after moving in for some reason it seemed like the house shrunk. Having a hubby with lots of toys (big ones), two small kids with lots of toys, three dogs ranging in all sizes and a me, all of our stuff made the walls seem like they were about to burst. The main part of my house I hate is my kitchen. It is way to small and only one person can comfortably fit in it. Our kitchen in our two bedroom apartment was bigger than this one.
So here goes, We have a galley size kitchen but we are lucky enough to have a lot of cabinets. We are also lucky that the previous owners took out the a.c. unit and put it in the attic and converted that closet into a utility pantry with slide out drawers. I use this as my pantry.
There is a rule in my house that the bottom shelf is the kid shelf. Punkin loves this because she can get snacks and juice as she wants. There is also a rule of, if it is not kid friendly or the kids are not allowed to have them it is not to be placed on the bottom shelf.
The second, third, and fourth drawers pull out and I love this about the pantry. The cubby hole at the bottom is empty for now but I'm sure I will fill it sooner or later.

The previous owners used the long cabinet in the back of the kitchen as their pantry and I use it as over stock storage, small appliances, and tupperware.
The next cabinet on the top is where we keep plates and bowls. The bottom cabinet has my cake platter, punch bowl and deep soup pots in it. Under the sink I keep my toaster oven and deep fryer and cleaning products. Above the dishwasher I keep cups, glasses, and coffee filters.
Crossing over you have where I keep my microwave and the cabinets about keep our lunch sacks, foil and zip lock bags, paper plates, meds and vitamins etc. This cabinet stays messy. Under the microwave we keep our trash can and recycle can on a pull out shelf at the bottom as well.


1st drawer is our junk drawer, 2nd is emergency drawer, 3rd is kitchen towels and 4th is oven mits and pot holders.
This is my spice cabinet and where I keep all my juice mixes etc.

The cabinets above the stove is where my husband keeps all of his home made beef jerky supplies and my flower vases. Then next is my cooking ware and caserole dishes. Under that is my cooking utensil drawer and then going back to the left is where I keep my baking sheets and bake ware.





I do not know how or why the first two paragraphs are underlined like a link and I could not figure out how to take it off. Sorry!



1 comment:

  1. Looks great ! We have shelves designed for the kids too in our pantry and I have a cabinet with just cups, plates and straws they can get on their own. Self sufficiency is a great thing to teach them! :-) I think your kitchen looks great. We've had 7 homes all sizes, this is our largest yet at over 3000 sq feet. There are days I wish for my 1200 square foot rancher again. :-) Especially cleaning it is a constant here, and I could do with out the stairs some days LOL Have a great weekend!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete