Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Being a young mommy!

I originally started this blog to help young moms see that being a mom sometimes is tough especially at a "young" age but you can still achieve you dreams and be what you always wanted to be. I might be 23 now but I still get looks that make me feel that they are judging me because I have two kids and have even had people tell me "your not old enough to have kids". Well age does not make a good mommy! Loving your kids and giving them your best and what you can makes a GREAT MOMMY! Kids do not need to have top notch everything just your love and they are happy.

No, I'm not a teen mom or in high school but I am still pretty young to have two small children at the ages of three and almost ten months old. I guess to help you understand what I mean a little better I should give you a little history of my life.

My mom and my dad were 17 years old when I came into the world. They did get married, although I know they were not in love, before I was born and my younger sister was born right before I turned three years old. My dad joined the Navy to support us and long story short it didn't work out. I do not believe if you are not in love do not get married just because of the baby. I KNOW from experience all it does is torture the child and makes its worse on them having parents who hate each other and can't be nice even for the child's sake. Two birthday days or awkward birthdays and being pushed back and forth from different houses (rushed) sucks on holidays. I vowed my children would never have to go through that. If you have to do that situation it is very important to co-parent and be nice to each other in front of the kid(s). I have seen parents do this and it's amazing to see how much a divided family can actually be happy and the parents be friends even when step parents get involved.

Because of this one of my sides of the family always told me I would be just like my mom and I have always resented this. So I spent my whole life proving them wrong. I graduated high school without being pregnant and "having" to get married. I did however get engaged to my wonderful husband about six months after graduating (age 18) and we moved in together. We were also engaged for six months before we were married. When we were married I was 19 years old and we got pregnant on our honey moon. We were excited, he is 4 years older than me and both of us knew we wanted kids soon, even though we were thinking a year after though. It turns out that my birth control failed and the sad thing is my doctor had to give written proof so that side of my family believed me because the response I got out of them when we announced our news was "well at least you got married." This crushed me! I was 20 years old when my oldest was born and we could not imagine our lives with out her.

I did put off college because after graduating I was going to save but instead I moved out, got engaged, got married, and had a baby. Then, well life happened and it kept getting put off. I did get registered for classes about a year and a half ago and then the finances didn't fall into place, so I decided to put it off again and just be mommy. I have been a stay at home mom since Punkin was 2 months old and we bought our first home. We are very blessed for my hubby to have a great job that was put in his lap and tripled our income the day we signed on our house. Money does still get really tight sometimes and thats when getting crafty and becoming really good and finding really great deals comes in real handy and now its like a second nature to me.
We decided to add to our family right before Punkin turned two years old and it was because we wanted them close for school age. We figured we would be able to plan it perfectly because of how soon we were able to get pregnant with Punkin without trying. HAHAHA! It took us five months to get pregnant with Doodle Bug. Then because that didn't pan out Doodle Bug was born in October and Punkin was born in June so all of Punkins old clothes before 2T wouldn't fit Doodle big because of the different seasons. :( Thankfully my Aunt who has a little girl one year older than Punkin and shares a birthday with Doodle Bug still had lots of old baby clothes.

Now finally that Punkin will be starting pre-school next year and Doodle Bug is almost one I am finally going to school and starting Thursday. I am taking on a lot of classes especially to two little ones at home. I am taking four internet classes and one night class.

I just want people to know that young moms are still good moms and can still accomplish their dreams and goals. It will take lots of hard work, stressful days, and no sleep sometimes but it is STILL possible with hard work and dedication. I will be trying to post a new post everyday on how to keep up with school, house work, and the kids and a busy husband while partially keeping your sanity. Organization is KEY!

Have a great week! and I hope some of this helps!

1 comment:

  1. Krystle,
    I think it's wonderful you're sharing something so personal to help others. :-) Just remember to plan your life for you and not to please others. No matter what you do in life you will not be able to make everyone else happy. Your going to do great in school, and when things are important to us, we make the time for them. Your girls will respect you for this. :-)People told my husband and I we would never make it because we were so different and young. But we proved them wrong. He is also 4 years older than me. We were engaged at 16 married at 19 (me) and still together today 16 years married and 20 years together! I wouldn't change a thing and I always have my friends who are so envious of our relationship. Marriage takes work and its hard but also very rewarding when you're with the right person. I think you are doing a great job and I wish you all the best life has to offer. Remember how you were raised was your parent's lives, it doesn't mean it has to be yours. You create who you want to be. :-)
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete