Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Monday, September 6, 2010

So relaxed and taking it all in



This weekend was amazing! Finally some sleep, relaxation, much needed family time, A's on test and first papers, and skating!

Yes, I did say skating too. I know I'm 23 and skating right? Well I've been skating since, well, since I was in my moms tummy :). My whole family on her side skates; speed skates and can do tricks, dancing, the works. I lived at the skating rink in middle school on the weekends and once I got to high school we started going on Mondays. Mondays were only $2.50 to get in and it was Christian night and not very many people there. It was our family night and we had a blast. When that started to taper off me and a good friend kept it up. We raced each other and got a great work out! I loved it and it helped me relieve so much stress. Shortly after meeting my husband we quit going and unless a cousin, niece, nephew, or a friends child had a birthday party there I never went back. Today was the first day I have had on a pair of skates in so long and it felt so good. I'm pumped now and ready to get my high school body back or at least my legs and hiney :).

Friday night we had a game night with some friends and Saturday the girls went to their grandparents and my hubby went riding and I did homework, scrubbed my house (YES!!!), went and did a little shopping after catching a break in the budget (thankfully), and had lunch with the bestie and just enjoyed the day. Sunday me and the hubby slept until around eleven and got up to find his dad a retirement gift after having no luck, I was joking around and said if we got you some skates would your start skating with me? To my surprise he said yes and told me he used to skate all over the neighborhood and loved it when he was little. We obviously did two different kinds of skating but hey it'll work. We spent the whole day trying to find street hockey skates in our town and had no luck! We did have a nice lunch, got icees, and enjoyed the day with just us, something that hasn't happened in a long time and was way over due. It was like we were on a date in high school again lol. This morning we got up bright and early got everyone dressed and spent the whole morning looking for skates and finally found a pair. We came home and put on our skates, (Punkin too, her training skates) and we set off. I can't wait until Thursday, our anniversary, to go as a family and with some friends to the skating rink! We set the date nothing fancy just good fun and exercise.

Sunday we also had a celebration with family and friends in honor of my father in law who retired this past week. Ribs, Steaks, salad, sautéed mushrooms, marinated crab claws, sausage, and just the works! Hince the skating ;) After some swimming, and surprisingly the waster was freezing, good conversation, and ending with a movie night we were wiped out. Followed by our chase after some skates for the hubby and then getting back on them we are exhausted.

I did fit in some homework and checked my grades, I have all A's and got a perfect score on my first english essay rough draft. Talk about relief. I'm ahead in all my classes and can take it kind of easy this week. Hope everyone had a great and safe Labor Day weekend!
Our downtown sky line just figured I would take a pic!
Doodle Bug about to pass out after a long day of shopping today, I love my stroller older child and sit or stand in the back and the seat folds nicely and I can remove it or put it back very easily.
Punkin and her Daddy playing games in the arcade at the mall.

Ms. K, Father in law, and mother in law after great night of celebrating.
My father in law and my hubby, they are so much a like...haha.
Punkin excited to be riding in daddy's truck with the top off!
Doodle Bug not sure what to think, it was her 1st time in the 4-runner.
Daddy's antique/classic (not sure) '87 4-runner pretty much completely restored this is his baby. I was told I would have to bury him in this truck. Perfect temp for riding with the top off!

2 comments:

  1. What a weekend! Sounds like a blast and how nice that you and your hubby had some time to yourselves! Congrats on the wonderful grades! You've worked hard for them! Ohhh, I loved skee-ball when I was a kid, can't wait for Avery to be old enough to take her. So fun!! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krystle! I'm a bit behind on visiting. Things have been crazy as I know you understand. I am so proud of you! What an awesome job on your grades. You should feel a huge sense of accomplishment. :-) Great to see you had a awesome weekend and time alone with your husband. My husband and I never get that chance except rare occasions. Thanks for the encouraging words on my blog! I greatly appreciate them! Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete