Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Family activities that give exercise!

This past week and weekend our family has adopted two new activities that we are going to try to keep up. Buddy and I have been looking for something that our family can do together that will encourage our kids to be active as well and that we both like to do so we can do it as a couple and family. We found two skating and basket ball.

I grew up skating and taught all the kids in our family and their friends (at all the skating birthday parties). My hubby loves skating too. He used to skate around the neighborhood and was really good. We have a skating rink here that is open on Monday nights from 6:30pm-9:00pm and plays Christian music. Its only $4 to get in, I used to go every Monday in high school and my legs were toned as all get out (my goal again) but it was $2.50 to get in. They also have a regular night on Thursday same price and times. Pretty inexpensive especially if we eat dinner before we go. We went last Thursday and had a blast! Punkin loved it too! Which of course made me so proud especially since I was so excited to teach my little girl how to skate as well. We are hoping to go again tonight and maybe Thursday. Last Thursday there was a roller derby team there practicing and they asked me to join. HAHAHAHA! Buddy wants me to join and well, so does everybody else. It would be amazing exercise and it helps with frustration but I'm not to sure I'm ready for that. LOL!

Bud's favorite sport growing up was basketball. That's one of the many things he has spouted off this year that he wants. I have a very long mental note of all his gift ideas and the sad thing is I don't think one thing is less than $100 :( So for our anniversary I got him a nice in ground basketball goal. He loved it! We have played every day since it was set up on Saturday afternoon. We even got Punkin her own little basketball perfect for her, although she can't reach the goal she tries very hard. It's nice to be outside even though it is still very hot. We don't really see many kids outside playing and it makes us very sad. What happened to the old days (and i'm not that old) when kids hated being inside and all they wanted to do was play sports and be outside with their friends. The days when cars did drive slow down neighborhood streets because there was always kids playing. People speed down my street like its a high way and we have joked about laying out spikes to see if that slows them down. The city won't do anything about it so our kids are not allowed in the front yard unless we are out there and even then they can't go past the tree in our front yard. But its the only place we had to put the basketball goal so we have to watch closely but Punkin is really good at obeying the rules outside. I am very happy and thankful that our kids love to play outside and would rather be outside than watching t.v. or playing video games. We save that for rainy days or sick days. Now I do let them play games or watch cartoons but I try very hard for them to use their imagination and stay active, even if its just being silly around the house without the tv.







Hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I love your new layout. Looks great! The family picture is wonderful!
    Many blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look of your blog! It looks great. What great family activities! Avery's too young to join in those kinds of things but can't wait till she can, sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete