Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

4 Years and Still Going!

Today is mine and my husband anniversary! We have been married for 4 years today! So this post today is a little background on how we came about and to be honest it is quite funny. This is also my best friends favorite story!

Shortly after graduating high school my best friend and I were out shopping and having a girls night and I never thought that night would be one of the most changing nights of my life. We were headed back to her house and as we pulled into her driveway she yelled oh there's Buddy (my hubby's nickname he hates his real name). Why did she get so excited because they all grew up together all of her 5 siblings including her and my husband and his sister. They were like brother and sister and she got all excited because he was single. I was dating a guy but it was not going to well because he was a jerk and we were on the ends of our rope and she was tired of seeing me hurt. So we walked down to his house only two doors down. She was so excited to introduce us because she was sure we would hit it off and she was right. If you ask Buddy he will tell you when he saw me there was a ray of light shining around me and he just knew I was the one for him.

I on the other hand was completely distracted with the issues of my boyfriend at the time because I knew he was cheating and would not admit it all though I busted him. While I was dealing with these issues and arguing with him on the phone Buddy was telling me the whole time I would never treat you that way. After getting tired and a little annoyed with everything going on me and my best friend headed over to her house and to my surprise Buddy was following right behind us. LOL. After a while of just hanging out Mer's (my best friend) boyfriend's came over to get Buddy because his family was wondering where he went and he tells her boyfriend "I am going to date that girl one day." :)

A couple of weeks go by and me and the other guy called things off because I was tired of his behavior and Mer calls me all excited yet again. She wanted to go swimming at her granpaws house and asked if I would come along. It was summer and I was all for it, as soon as I got there to pick her up she tell me "by the way Buddy is coming" She was scheming! HAHAHA! A few weeks later we were seeing each other quite frequently and decided to make it official. Six months later we moved in with each other and six months after that we were married! Mer is so proud that she was able to get us together and we have lasted so she takes full responsibility.
We have of course gone through our rough patches, who doesn't. We will also probably have more to come but we have made it though alot. Everything from medical problems, pregnancy at a young age, a difficult pregnancy, money issues, and serious family problems. But, I've always been told that if you can make it through the first year your good. My dad said second year and that sounded better and after getting pregnant on our honey moon we decided to add if we can make it four years will be able to survive anything. WE MADE IT!!!!!

We were both different religions and so we did not get married in the church. He was Catholic and I'm a southern Baptist so we got married by a justice of the peace outside. Next year on our 5 year anniversary we want to re-new our vows in the church we joined as a family. I did pull out a few wedding pics to share with you they are pictures of pictures so please bear with me on the quality.

Have a great weekend everybody!

You can't see it very well, sorry, but his grooms cake has a race track on it...LOL!
Mer and Me and then Me and my sis-in-law!
Top is our groomsmen and ushers bottom is my bridemaids and flower girl
middle pic is my dad, me and Renee my wonderful stepmom,!
me and my mom
me and my two candle lighters
making it legal and me and my two best friends mer, me and britt (we have drifted apart)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! You look so beautiful in your pictures! :-) Hope you had a great day!!!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Krystal..
    Thanks for stopping by to visit athttp://glassofsweettea.blogspot.com/ its nice to meet new blogging friends.. and your comment about God never gives us more than we can handle.. some times I have to really stand on that promise.. and there have been times when I have had to say.. Hey God,, We're pushin it here !!" lol
    But I look forward to becoming blogging buddies.. I see Jill is one of your friends as well.. she is JUST AWESOME.. I love her.. so you are in good company..
    Have a blessed weekend and stop by again real soon
    Tomorrow. is Saturdays Love Dare ..so swing by for that one..
    Talk to ya soon..
    PS Beautiful family you have !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Hope you had a great anniversary! Love the pictures, what a beautiful wedding!

    ReplyDelete