Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Friday, September 10, 2010

Party Planning



A little secret I love to plan parties/ host events. I have to admit I'm pretty good at it and maybe it's because I enjoy it so much. I plan parties or events just like I do my Christmas planning. Early! I decided to do this post today as I was filling out my Doodle Bug's first birthday invitation! I cannot believe she will be one next month :(

This year I have decided to do a small first birthday for Doodle Bug, because Punkin's first birthday was so crazy. We did a princess theme and we had about 30-40 people. My poor house and my nerves had it that day. We had a slip in slide and kiddie pool, I had white carpet, and there were about ten kids here in all age ranges. Needless to say me staying up until 2am the morning before steam cleaning was a waste of time!

Her second party was at a local park and we still had a good bit of people. The second birthday party was dora themed and much better. The third birthday was Butterfly theme but done at her gymnastics place. This was the best everyone did everything for us and all we had to do was enjoy our kids, family, and friends. So learning from experience I decided to do a smaller party for Doodle Bug a simple party with only immediate family and really close friends.

I follow some real simple and usually pleasing rules for everybody. Here are a few tips on how I handle all the stress.
  1. I remember our kids are gifts from God and every year we get with them is a gift so birthdays are a very big deal at our house.
  2. I want their birthday to be a good one so I plan shortly after the each party, so even if money is a little tight they still get to celebrate in a big way.
  3. I put money in an envelope even if its a dollar a week
  4. I have a list of themes according to age to do and go through based on their interest and time of year (one I just added because a girl at church did this, a scavenger hunt, you do have to include other parents but they girls had a blast from what I understand and my neighbor who was driving had fun too. Its for older kids)
  5. If I find any of the party stuff on sale I get it and stash it away just like I do for Christmas
  6. I plan parties either early in the day or late in the evening (this way you don't interfere with other peoples plans, my girls get invited to birthday parties a lot and I know how it feels to re-arrange your saturday around a party)
  7. I also write clothes and shoe sizes on the invitation so I get less calls and this makes a world of a difference
  8. Early morning parties are around 10:30/11 and get cake, ice cream, and small appetizers like chips and dip, or breakfast casseroles
  9. Late evening parties we do something like hot dogs and/or burgers, its inexpensive and quick, and cake and ice cream
  10. Party favors I will get one "big" toy and candy I also mark the favor boxes with a "g" or "b" and do favors accordingly for boys or girls
  11. I only buy the theme supplies like plates and cups and stuff for the kids, adults get plain plates in the colors of the theme
  12. I also only schedule the party for no more than two hours.
These things are just what makes things easier for me. It also seems to please the guest and my kids always have fun and their smiles on their faces is priceless! I do this for all types of occasions; I have thrown two baby showers this year and those were fun too. Here are a couple of pics of Doodle Bug's theme and gifts from our Anniversary night last night! I saved for his gift and he did some side work for mine....oh so sweet! Hope you enjoy!

We chose my little pony because the other day me and Doodle Bug were shopping together and I got her one and she literally ate a hole in the box trying to get the pony out.

I write the size and shoe size for less phone calls
Her presents
The paper was too cute, I couldn't help myself!
He can't wait to put up his basket ball goal this weekend!
My purse I've been wanting, and my two favorite snacks!
He special ordered it and shipped it to his moms...aww...he's so sweet!


2 comments:

  1. Everything sounds like it's coming together wonderfully! She will be excited. Again I have to chuckle at how alike we are! I always stress over parties and plan way ahead. I always want everything to be "perfect" but in reality there is no such thing! LOL As long as they enjoy themselves that's all that matters. Oh and I'll be wrapping some Christmas presents this weekend too! LOL

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips for b-day parties! We are keeping Avery's party small too, like yours only family and close friends, I think we will have about 15. So it's not too bad. LOVE your purse!!! What a sweet husband you have!

    ReplyDelete