Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Nap Time

Sometimes I wonder why I bother cleaning the playroom or Punkin's room. I just don't understand how it gets so messy so fast.

This morning I stepped away to change Doodle Bugs diaper for less than five minutes and Punkin had gotten the Gerber baby cereal and poured it out all over the playroom. So it was like the baby powder situation all over again. This time I made her clean it and she was not a happy camper. I didn't take pictures of it either because I was so aggravated with the situation.

During her nap time from 1:00pm to 3:00pm she has gotten to where she will not sleep but will play in her room unless she is super tired or sick and actually falls asleep. How do I know when she sleeps or plays; it is very simple. Her room stays clean during the day because she plays in her playroom all day. After nap time her room is a mess if she didn't sleep. I have learned to accept this and as long as she stays in her room and plays quietly I don't mind. I am still able to get my school work done, house clean, and important phone calls made. She also doesn't wake up Doodle Bug, which is why she has to play quietly. I do however miss her actually sleeping because she was less cranky in the afternoon. But I have accepted that she is getting older and will not always take a nap and if I just let her play quietly than its less of a struggle of trying to force her to sleep. We have adjusted the schedule and when she doesn't sleep she does have to go to bed one hour early. So instead of going to bed at 8pm she goes to bed at 7pm. This is less of a fight because she is usually exhausted and full because it's right after dinner time.

Doodle Bug's nap time is much easier for now.... Doodle Bug has a certain way she has to be put down, which is very different from Punkin. Punkin, since she was very little I would just read her a story (while rocking her) lay her in the bed and walk out of the room. She went straight to sleep, even after growing out of her crib at 18 months and getting into a toddle bed. Yes, I know that is a very young age, but she climbed out of her crib at that age and fell head first on the floor and it scared me half to death so we bought her a very low (with rails) toddler bed. Doodle Bug has to be rocked while reading a story with her blanket, then be completely covered with her blanket while I'm standing and swaying while I sing to her. Then while we are swaying I slowly lay her down and cover her completely turn on her sea horse that sings a lullaby and walk out of the room. Sounds complicated doesn't it? Buddy thinks so too. The past two Wednesdays when I came home from class he was about to lose his mind because Doodle Bug would not go to bed for her. It works like a charm for me and takes about ten minutes.

Hopefully Doodle Bug will keep her easy sleep schedule because she loves her sleep. One of these days when Punkin realizes she likes her naps or wishes she could take one I plan on reminding her of this past year. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Don't you love it. She thinks its funny. Then she says Mommy I made a mess. (while giggling)
Everyday I get to clean her room and it's starting to get annoying.

2 comments:

  1. Krystle,
    Thanks for following my blog. This post brings back so many memories of my daughters!! I taught myself to crochet before I became pregnant with my first daughter--wow--that was a long time ago--she is 24 now!! I stopped while my girls were younger but we've all--picked it back up again. I love having a hobby that my daughters share with me.
    It is a small world--I grew up in LA--I was born in Lake Charles--I moved to Doyline LA to live with my grandparents for my 9th grade school year. I have family all over Louisiana.
    I'll be reading through your blog this weekend. I hope you and your family have a lovely weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, and I thought Avery could make a mess!!

    Aver is the same a Doodle Bu, she has a certain routine at nap and bed that MUST be followed. The first time I had to be away for nap, I actually wrote out step by step directions for Eric on how to put her down. So funny!!

    By the way, I have a blog award for you. Stop by when you get a chance!
    http://chalkboardstostrollers.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-first-award.html

    Have a happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete