Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Saturday, September 4, 2010

mommies


There are a couple of poems that make me smile and express how I feel sometimes that I'm sure every mom feels! Here are two that are pretty cute and quite funny...my fave I can not find just yet but as soon as I do I will post it! Don't take these to seriously they are just cute poems to make you smile :)



I Want To Be Locked Up

(Thoughts from a harried mom, who is beginning to think some time in a minimum-security, white collar crime prison is looking pretty good.)

I want to be locked up
Away from everything,
Free from all the craziness
A mother's day can bring.

No planning, shopping, cooking
Three healthy meals a day,
Served up with love to finicky kids
Who throw most of it away.

No constant interruptions,
Dirty laundry on the floor,
Driving everyone every place,
Sibling rivalry (It’s war!)

No one asking me to do things,
Getting mad if I forget,
Me giving up my very self—
I’m the family marionette.

Prison sometimes looks appealing
(Or maybe the looney bin),
I get free time and three square meals;
With nothing to do, I win!

I want to be locked up
For freedom, time and such,
There’s just one obstacle for me:
I love my kids too much!

By Joanna Fuchs


What Did You Do Today?

Today I left some dishes dirty, The bed got made around 3:30. The diapers soaked a little longer, The odor grew a little stronger. The crumbs I spilled the day before, Are staring at me from the floor. The fingerprints there on the wall, Will likely be there still next fall. The dirty streaks on those window panes, Will still be there next time it rains. Shame on you, you sit and say, Just what did you do today?

I nursed a baby till he slept, I held a toddler while he wept, I played a game of hide and seek, I squeezed a toy so it would squeak. I pulled a wagon, sang a song, Taught a child right from wrong. What did I do this whole day through? Not much that shows, I guess it’s true. Unless you think that what I’ve done, Might be important to someone, With bright brown eyes and soft blond hair, If that is true … I’ve done my share.

Author Unknown


I would not trade being at home with my girls for the world!

These two little angels are why I do what I do, the sacrifices, the hard work, the loss of privacy, craziness, the busyness, and the never ending work, doesn't seem bad at all when you can look at your kids and know they are in your hands, well taken care of, and they are happy! The simple "I love you mommy" that I hear all day is the best reward I can receive after a long hard day!


2 comments:

  1. Great picture of you and your girls! The poems make me smile. :-)

    Thanks for your comment on my blog, really means a lot to me!

    So glad to hear your day is better.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the poems! Thanks so much for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete