Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

A great start to a day that turned horrible got better then bad again...

Yesterday was one of those days that you wish you could just go back to bed and try again in a week!

First off my hubby's job is at a collision body shop and there are two painters; him and one other person. The other painter is on vacation and so he is swamped. They work on straight commision and on Tuesday he already had 110 hours. Nice check but he's been working until about 8pm and going in around 6am. Tonight his boss is having him do a custom paint job on his prized 68' mustang to be put into a car show on Saturday (very late notice) so he will probably be at work until at least midnight. :( So I am sort of playing single mom this week which is why yesterday I wanted to run away and pull my hair out.

Yesterday started off to a GREAT start. The girls and I slept in until 10am. Since it was so late and we missed breakfast we went straight to snack time and Punkin thought this was awesome. I did give them fruit for a snack to counter act the missing breakfast though. We played and cleaned all together, well, I swept and Punkin tried to help but made it worse and Doodle Bug kept trying to play in my dirt pile, but we were having fun. Then I cooked a big lunch because we missed breakfast and the girls went down for a nap or so I thought.

Punkin found a bottle of baby powder and emptied it all over her room and her fresh out of the dryer rug. She also decided to play dress up instead of taking a nap and put on a play dress up ring with a "gem" in it and chewed it off. The gem ended up getting swallowed and she started gagging and choking and spitting up. While all of this was going on Doodle Bug slept for maybe thirty minutes and then woke up and so I had to keep going in there to rock her back to sleep. When she was almost good and knocked out, that when Punkin came flying out of her room choking on the "gem". These kids keep me on my toes. I called my neighbor next door with three older kids for advice and after she calmed my fears a little I decided to call her doctor just to be on the safe side I found out that choking is a "good sign" because her air ways are not blocked and that she should be fine and would pass it in a couple of days. Yay! Did you get the sarcasm?

After all of this happened I gave up on nap time and decided to just let them watch a movie quietly while laying on the couch, hoping they would get some sort of rest. It is also almost 4pm and I still haven't had a chance to take a shower and I had class across town at 630. My hubby then calls to tell me I would probably need to call a babsitter because he didn't think he would be able to leave. I was ready to give up and so I told him I would just miss class. He then told me that was not an option and would be home by 530 because he wasn't going to let me miss class. He told me he would figure something out. That made the day start to get better.

I was finally able to get a shower and dinner cooked and the mail checked. The mail was even better, no I still have not gotten my school money back yet, fingers crossed for next week. I got my new house payment booklet and my house note went down! My neighbors probably thought I was crazy because I was skipping like a school girl to the front door. When my hubby got home I gave him the good news and he gave me some starbucks money and told me to get a treat because he knew I had a bad day. Then I got to class, not wanting to get my test back because I thought I failed it, and found out I got a B.

I got out of class early but on the way home a car almost side swiped the side of my car and then I got home to find Doodle Bug still up. She will only go to bed for me and Buddy was at his wits end. Punkin also didn't sleep very well and was up a few times last night too. So I got no sleep and had to wake up early to run some important errands and now I need to clean the house and just don't feel like it so I think I will take a break and maybe a nap.

Hope everyone is having a better day than me!

We did also recieve a few prizes and Christmas presents in the mail. We got Bitty Baby for Punkin's back up doll when this baby will no longer be able to be played with, she's about had it. We also got baby's Christmas dress, this is the Bitty baby dress on her regular baby. She also got the Christmas pjs for her and Bitty baby but won't get those until Christmas Eve. We also received in the mail one of Doodle Bugs presents and her santa gift, a blow up house will balls in it, a ball pit.

Snacks after refusing to take a nap and baby powdering a room and mommy losing her mind.
Doodle Bug walking around the table and eating her snacks. She also like to play the I dropped my, my little pony please pick it up mommy and then giggles as you hand it to her...see the pony on the floor...lol

3 comments:

  1. Krystle,

    My goodness what a day! Hopefully things will get better! I had to laugh at the powder, when Kathleen took her naps she got into our bathroom and got powder and lotion, WHAT A MESS! Another time she painted the tiles, tub, toilet, scale and walls wityh hot pink nail polish. It does not come out of tile and fiberglass very well :-( So I know where you're coming from there! LOL Have a good night!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. When you get a minute stop by my blog, I just won my first blog award and I get to share it with others! Stop by to get yours! Have a great night.
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, what a tough day! It always seems like bad things snowball and lead to horrible days! At least a couple good things happened, that make it a little better....maybe? Hope tomorrow goes great for you!

    ReplyDelete