Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Monday, October 11, 2010

I am finally back!

So the last few weeks have been hectic one of the reasons I haven't posted anything in well a couple of weeks.
Last week we were on our much needed vacation to SC to see my sis-in-law and her hubby and their new baby girl.  The week before that I was swamped with school work, getting my house ready for us to leave, and packing.  Then when we got back on Friday we still had a ton of stuff to do and my house is still destroyed and I need to unpack still but at the moment I just haven't gotten around to it.

This post will be about our vacation and then hopefully later tonight depending on how tired I am and my school work I will try to put up a post on how to make a ten hour drive with two small kids easier. :)

We left on vacation last Friday Oct, 2 around noon, two hours earlier than planned so we were off on a great start.  We had planned on stopping in Alabama to see my aunt but it turned out it added way more time than we thought so we decided to just drive straight there.  HAHAHAHAHA! Around 12:30am we decided to stop and get a hotel because the kids were past their limit and so was my hubby.  He does not like road trips and usually after about an hour he starts to get testy, Punkin is the same way.  I on the other hand LOVE road trips and we found out so does Doodle Bug.  After stopping and getting some rest the last four hours of the trip early in the morning were much easier and arrived at our destination around noon, just in time for the LSU football game!

Our drive there was pretty good for the first couple of hours.  We loaded up the truck the night before and I had laid out play clothes for the girls to wear in the car that would be comfortable.  My hubby had to go to work the day we left for half a day so when me and the girls woke up I finished the last minute cleaning I had to do, I can't leave my house a mess when we go out of town.  We had eaten breakfast grabbed the girls comfort items and fed the girls lunch by the time my hubby got home and we all loaded up in the truck to take off.  We made a ton of stops on the way there because Punkin had a tummy ache and kept getting restless and my hubby was getting irritated because he just wanted to get there.  Right before we arrived to YeaYea's (this is what the girls call my hubbys sis) Punkin finally was able to go to the potty and her tummy stopped hurting and go figure they fell asleep 20 min away from the house. LOL.

We had a blast on our vacation with lots of shopping.  Saturday when we arrived we just grilled and watched the game.  The next morning my hubby and his brother-in-law went hiking and the girls went shopping at the outlet mall.  This was an amazing trip because Miss Thing(our new niece) and Doodle Bug needed fall and winter clothes desperately.  Usually I find amazing .99,$1.99 deals at Childrens Place and we were very disappointed in the selections they had.  I was very impressed with Carters, they had 70% off all of their fall and winter clothes and for only $60 Doodle Bug got 5 or 6 three piece outfits and Punkin got three pairs of fleece pants and three long sleeved shirts.  Miss Thing got the same amount of clothes too for about the same price.  Monday we did a some more shopping, Tuesday we had a lazy day and Punkin went to the park and we watched movies all day in their movie room.  Wednesday was my hubbys 27th bday and so we did some more shopping and then went downtown to eat.  Thursday we had planned on going to the aquarium in Atlanta but decided that we wouldn't do that and went shopping again.  Friday we were up at 4:30am and on the road by 5am.

The drive on the way back was much easier because the girls slept for the first couple of hours we were in the car and then took a nap.  We also found out that my hubby is likes road trips when he's not driving and Punkin likes them too when her tummy doesn't hurt.  We managed our time much better at our pit stops so we were able to only stop like 3 or 4 times and one of those times was just to get an energy drink.  We made it home around 4pm and we were super excited.  The girls destroyed their playroom in less than 5 minutes and we veged all night.  Saturday morning we had my best friends little boys 3rd bday and I had a few errands to run.  Yesterday we veged again and I had three test and two homework assignments I had to do yesterday :p.  Hope you enjoy a couple of the pics!









 
  
  
  

Have an amazing week and thanks for stopping by!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great to have you back! :-) So glad you had a good time! Have a great day!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back and had such a great time. Sounds like a wonderful trip! I love visiting family! I am the same way about leaving a clean house, it sucks coming back to a messy one! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete