Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Welcome Welcome

Thank you so much for stopping by to peek into my world from your own. It really does mean a lot! I hope you enjoy and stop by often...Have an AMAZING DAY!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Holiday Season approaches, School work, and sick little ones

So yes it is still touch and go with posting I'm sorry so here is a very very quick run down of what we have been up to.

School: They have put a huge load of school work on us because the 1st semester is almost over! WHOOOOOHOOOOO! Finals are in two weeks, so lots of homework plus eye crossing studying.

The girls:  They are doing very well...Doodle Bug did have to go the doctor yesterday because she has been running fever and feeling so crummy she just wanted to be held all day.  Verdict is... flu like virus...today she was feeling much better and no fever so I'm very thankful.  Punkin of course is doing great with the exception of back tracking on potty training and I'm running out of things to do about it.  She was doing so well and for months completely potty trained, even sleeping in her big girl panties with no accidents.  The past few weeks however, she has constant accidents and when you ask her why she says because I wanted to.  GRRRR! I have tried the time outs, making her sit in it, (which didn't not last long because thats gross), taking toys away, I even took a gymnastics class away!  I am running out of options.  Any ideas?

Holidays: We are officially one week away from Thanksgiving!  We put up our Christmas tree that day!  Well the girls already have theirs up in the playroom its a new thing we are doing.  See I love fake trees and colored lights, maybe I am weird, Bud loves real trees and white lights.  Our old compromise was that he got the real tree and had to vacuum and I got my colored lights.  Well we have a lot of hand me down decorations and we have decided this is the year we would treat ourself and get new ones.  So the new thing is the girls have a fake pink 3.5ft Christmas tree with colored lights with the kid ornaments on it and in our living room we will have our 7ft real tree with white lights and only cross ornaments on it.  I can't wait to get it next week and put it up.  We are DONE shopping minus the candy for the stockings and each other.  We wait to get each others with his Christmas bonus, but I have gotten him one gift already...shhh...I love Christmas and no matter what is going on its usually easy for us to keep a smile on our face.  OH AND IT IS FINALLY COLD! YAY! we have also been enjoying our fireplace....so nice!

Hope all is well, I will definatley be able to catch up on everyones blogs next week with Thanksgiving break!  I can't believe my first semester of school is already almost over!

GOODNIGHT ALL!

The girls tree; each year they get a new ornament.  When they are old enough to have their own tree they will have a good collection of their own ornaments.

Got fancy this year with the ribbons we always do one wrapping paper.

Operation Christmas Child: this is something I have done since middle school, we do one box per child to teach them about giving to the less fortunate!  This is our family weekend project!  I'm so excited to get them involved with this amazing project.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Krystle,
    Thanks for stopping by! I've missed your posts. The girls tree is so pretty! We have them get a new ornament every year. We put up our outside lights this weekend and hope to do the trees soon. I wish you all the best on your tests! These 6 week courses have been intense for me, I don't think I've ever written so many papers in my life! LOL Hope your girls feel better and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the girl's tree. I am a fan of real trees but since my husband is allergic to them we have a fake one. At least there is very little clean up! We do the same thing with ornaments. My parents did it with my sister and me, too. It was great cause when we were grown and ready for our own trees we already had a bunch with wonderful memories associated with them. Is this finals week? If so, hope it goes well! You'll go great!

    ReplyDelete